Re: Merge_rests_engraver: fix vertical rest positions (issue 334740043 b

From: lilypond
Subject: Re: Merge_rests_engraver: fix vertical rest positions (issue 334740043 by address@hidden)
Date: Fri, 06 Oct 2017 14:18:02 -0700

On 2017/10/06 09:39:11, dak wrote:
I mean exactly what I say: set direction to CENTER (if this would
otherwise
cause problems, temporarily) and call the original callback in order
determine staff-position.

I didn’t manage to use these callbacks correctly but maybe my solution
without them is clean enough?

As it stands, it would seem like there is a tedious reprogramming of
the
staff-position callback that is as hard to get right as the original
was, so why
not use the original?

It seems like using 'staff-position for Rests and 'direction for
MultiMeasureRests is sufficient for not having any special cases with
semibrevis and brevis rests.

> This seems to work for MMRs but for Rests it gives
> warnings of the type
>         warning: cannot resolve rest collision: rest direction not
set

Suiciding one of the rests likely would not go well with articulations
placed on
it (though those still need some sort of merging with the other?) but
would seem
like the easiest way out.

I tried to suicide them and this resulted in crashes without error
messages; but fortunately it also seems to work with transparent instead
of dead grobs now ;) I tried also setting 'stencil to #f instead of
'transparent to #t but that causes problems with
MultiMeasureRestNumbers.

https://codereview.appspot.com/334740043/