Re: Updating LSR snippets

From: Thomas Morley
Subject: Re: Updating LSR snippets
Date: Sat, 3 Mar 2018 19:24:03 +0100

Hi Dan,

> Do LSR editors lurk here?

Yep, I am one of them.

> A little over a week ago, I used the LSR web interface to suggest simplifying
> the snippet “Forcing rehearsal marks to start from a given letter or number”
> to avoid repeating marks with the same sequence number within a score.  This
> statement from the web page set my expectations:
>
>> Once the snippet is in, it has to be reviewed and approved by one of the LSR
>> editors, and then it must be digested by the search engine. Within a few
>> days, you should be able to see your snippet online.

This statement is very optimistic and always was...

> I haven’t heard anything about it.  Do I just need to wait longer, or is
> there someone specific I should ask to take a look?

Asking on the list is good way to draw attention to it.

Now that I had I look, let me ask why you propose the simplified snippet.

Attached you'll find both compiled with 2.21.0 from
047e6f2 Issue 5275: Avoid duplicating rehearsal marks in regtests

I can't see anything wrong with the current, doc-tagged, lsr-snippet,
though. If a user wants it this way, why not demonstrating it?

Admittedly, I didn't follow the review of your recent patches on this
topic, so could you elaborate why we should change it?

Thanks,
  Harm