Provide --loglevel=PROGRESS for make VERBOSE=1 (issue 575540044 by addre

From: nine . fierce . ballads
Subject: Provide --loglevel=PROGRESS for make VERBOSE=1 (issue 575540044 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 26 Jan 2020 18:52:44 -0800

> This provides enough information to diagnose problems in included
> files while building the documentation.

LGTM, though I wonder why these problems (whatever they are) do not
trigger useful diagnostic messages at WARN or higher levels, which would
be seen even at the default verbosity level.  In other words, is this
change just working around deficiencies of the program?

https://codereview.appspot.com/575540044/