Re: lilypond-book: Rewrite processing of snippets (issue 555220043 by ad

From: jonas . hahnfeld
Subject: Re: lilypond-book: Rewrite processing of snippets (issue 555220043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 02 Feb 2020 01:52:36 -0800

https://codereview.appspot.com/555220043/diff/553480046/scripts/lilypond-book.py
File scripts/lilypond-book.py (right):

https://codereview.appspot.com/555220043/diff/553480046/scripts/lilypond-book.py#newcode409
scripts/lilypond-book.py:409: checksum = hashlib.md5 ()
On 2020/02/01 17:13:02, hanwenn wrote:
> add a comment that this is not security sensitive, so md5 is ok
despite being
> brokenn.

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/555220043/diff/553480046/scripts/lilypond-book.py#newcode432
scripts/lilypond-book.py:432: snippet_names_file = 'snippet-names-%s.ly'
% checksum
On 2020/02/01 16:54:40, Dan Eble wrote:
> It's strange that this is named *.ly but does not contain ly code.
That's not
> your problem, though.

True. It's now relatively simple to change, what would you prefer?

https://codereview.appspot.com/555220043/diff/553480046/scripts/lilypond-book.py#newcode441
scripts/lilypond-book.py:441: logfile = snippet_names_path[:-3]
On 2020/02/01 17:13:02, hanwenn wrote:
> os.path.splitext

Done.

https://codereview.appspot.com/555220043/diff/553480046/scripts/lilypond-book.py#newcode481
scripts/lilypond-book.py:481: # Sort the keys / basenames to get a
stable order.
On 2020/02/01 16:54:40, Dan Eble wrote:
> Good idea.  Is there a reason you chose not to build sorting into
> process_snippets()?

Only a weak one: Keep it close to the code that uniques the list.
Eventually we could use a dict that also sorts its keys.

https://codereview.appspot.com/555220043/