Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: [RFC] switch to GitLab / gitlab.com
Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2020 17:02:37 +0100

Jonas Hahnfeld <address@hidden> writes:

[Not repeating well-thought considerations]

> Closing thoughts
> ================
>
> GitLab has a feature called 'Repository mirroring' [8], working in both
> directions. During the switching period, we could maintain Savannah as
> our main repository and let GitLab pull in changes from there. After a
> final cut, GitLab could instead be configured to push master and
> stable/* branches to Savannah.

It's worth stating that the large migration hurdle is actually saving as
much from tracker/review setup we have as possible.  Switching Git
repositories, in comparison, is a rather small hurdle.  We need to get
our ducks in a row regard the contributor documentation and scripts, but
otherwise that part is rather simple (famous last words).