Re: ly:page-turn-breaking core dumps

From: Han-Wen Nienhuys
Subject: Re: ly:page-turn-breaking core dumps
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 20:16:40 +0100

On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 8:03 PM Pierre-Luc Gauthier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> > You can make the crash go away by removing the \bar "||" at the start
> > of the score
>
> Same as above.
> I know the problem can be avoided by e.g. writing some more music,
> changing the Staff size, or any other random modification. Heck,
> removing the "Page_turn_engraver" indeed solves the issue ! I'm
> wondering though what the underlying issue could be.

This is not about a random addition.  \bar "||" is normally never at
the start of a piece. The Page_turn_engraver interprets \bar "||"
especially, allowing a page turn. This triggers a problem in the page
breaking code, because the start of the score is treated separately.