Re: page-turn-breaking core dumps

From: Carl Sorensen
Subject: Re: page-turn-breaking core dumps
Date: Fri, 28 Feb 2020 19:20:12 +0000

On 2/28/20, 12:17 PM, "lilypond-devel on behalf of Han-Wen Nienhuys"
<lilypond-devel-bounces+c_sorensen=address@hidden on behalf of address@hidden>
wrote:

    On Fri, Feb 28, 2020 at 8:03 PM Pierre-Luc Gauthier
    <address@hidden> wrote:

    > > You can make the crash go away by removing the \bar "||" at the start
    > > of the score
    >
    > Same as above.
    > I know the problem can be avoided by e.g. writing some more music,
    > changing the Staff size, or any other random modification. Heck,
    > removing the "Page_turn_engraver" indeed solves the issue ! I'm
    > wondering though what the underlying issue could be.

    This is not about a random addition.  \bar "||" is normally never at
    the start of a piece. The Page_turn_engraver interprets \bar "||"
    especially, allowing a page turn. This triggers a problem in the page
    breaking code, because the start of the score is treated separately.

Would the best response to this be to add a warning and/or check to see if
\bar"||" is at the start of the piece, or to just list this as a known issue in
the documentation?

Thanks,

Carl