Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden

From: hanwenn
Subject: Re: Added transition lines for lyrics (issue 565750043 by address@hidden)
Date: Sun, 08 Mar 2020 08:21:21 -0700

I think it would be better to do this as something that doesn't require
special syntax at first, ie. some identifier.

We can always add special syntax later, if this becomes a very popular
feature.

Also, it looks like the transition-engraver is almost a literal copy of
the hyphen engraver. Wouldn't this be much simpler if you'd implement
the transition as a layout tweak to a hyphen? You'd get something like:

  vowelTransition = \once \override LyricVoice.LyricHyphen.style =
#'transition

  a \vowelTranstion -- b

https://codereview.appspot.com/565750043/