Re: Linking 64-bit Mac builds from website

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: Linking 64-bit Mac builds from website
Date: Sun, 8 Mar 2020 18:07:52 -0000

> Would adding the links require manual intervention? If possible I’d like to
> avoid that so that there’s minimal friction when a new build is released.

I don't see why, once they have initially been established.  The only issue
might be timing synchronisation.  If the website is updated with a new version,
it would be good to have the Mac binaries already there, rather than a dead
link for a while.

> The zipped .app bundles have been about 35–56 MB. Have a look here:

Too big to email.  Can you ftp them to a website, or would you propose getting
them to me with a file transfer site?

--
Phil Holmes

    I ought to be able to scp them to the downloads directory and then we could
put an appropriate link into the docs that build the website.

  Would adding the links require manual intervention?  If possible I’d like to
avoid that so that there’s minimal friction when a new build is released.

    How big is the file?

  The zipped .app bundles have been about 35–56 MB. Have a look here:
  https://bintray.com/marnen/lilypond-darwin-64/lilypond-2.19.83#files

    --
    Phil Holmes

  Best,