final (?) issue with darwin-x86

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: final (?) issue with darwin-x86
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2020 20:13:01 +0200

Phil has hit another problem when building for darwin-x86:

Making flower/out/library.a
ar: `u' modifier ignored since `D' is the default (see `U')
i686-apple-darwin8-ranlib: archive: out/library.a truncated or malformed
(archive header of next member extends past the end of the file)
ar: out/library.a: Malformed archive
.../gub/target/darwin-x86/root/usr/cross/bin/i686-apple-darwin8-ld: truncated
or malformed archive: ../flower/./out/library.a at offset 565244 (member
extends past the end of the file, can't load from it)
make[1]: *** [out/lilypond] Error 1
make: *** [all] Error 2

I looked into this and I think this happens if running 'ar' on the
result of 'i686-apple-darwin8-ranlib'. I think the following should
solve the issue:
http://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/lilypond.git/commit/?h=dev/hahnjo/release-unstable
I'm currently running that branch through GUB, let's see what happens.
In any case I'd appreciate a second pair of eyes on the change if it is
ok.

Jonas