Re: Resolving standoffs (was: Naming question for get_property, set_prop

From: Kevin Barry
Subject: Re: Resolving standoffs (was: Naming question for get_property, set_property)
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2020 14:41:58 +0100

Hi David,

Although you have changed the subject to "Resolving standoffs" your
email reads like an attempt to force a resolution - in your favour -
of one *particular* standoff. It seems to be more of a protest than an
attempt to elicit discussion.

I am both a lurker and not capable of understanding the disagreement
between you and Han Wen, so I can't offer an opinion on it. And
obviously take my view with a grain of salt, but is it not typical for
this development community that, when there is some kind of
irreconcilable disagreement, that the proposal just dies? I don't know
if it's frequent or not, but I saw it happen with many discussions
that arose after the recent in-person meet (they died in standoffs).
It seems to be the norm. Is it only a problem now that it is holding
up something you are advocating?

Kevin