Re: Patchy email

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Patchy email
Date: Sun, 19 Apr 2020 17:30:22 +0000

On 4/19/20, David Kastrup <address@hidden> wrote:
> Note that the delete-file instructions are executed while the book is
> being read in while markup is typeset when the books are being processed
> at the end of the input file.

Yes, it looked completely bonkers to me as well, until I realized it worked :-)

> No idea whether the fonts made it into
> LilyPond at that point of time, or how happy LilyPond is with them
> appearing.

No, because at this point the first \book has already been processed,
and even GS should already be invoked. That’s the whole point of
putting that stuff inside another \book.

> There may well be race conditions here.

Well, AFAIK there’s no parallelism inside a same .ly file being
processed for different \book outputs. (If there _was_, that would be
great news though!)

V.