Re: Use Scheme_hash_table for keyword handling (issue 577840053 by addre

From: dak
Subject: Re: Use Scheme_hash_table for keyword handling (issue 577840053 by address@hidden)
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2020 16:17:30 -0700

On 2020/04/27 23:07:17, dak wrote:
> On 2020/04/27 22:57:06, dak wrote:
> > Move keytable init out of constructor.  Frankly, I don't consider
this an
> > improvement.
>
> As anecdotal data, it took me about as long to get this working as the
whole
> other patch, and I had it segfault about half a dozen times and had
another
> half-dozen compiler errors while getting stuff right.
>
> And doc_hash_table, all_ifaces and option_hash are initialised in the
same
> manner as what I did in the previous patch version.  And it's not like
lexer
> startup time is really going to factor in here a lot...  The previous
code
> generated an individual key table for every single lexer (except for
cloned
> lexers).
>
> So without further feedback, I strongly lean towards pushing the
previous
> version.

Though I'd have no problems pulling out the initialisation into a
_private_ static member function (can be called from the constructor
obviously) if people consider it desirable to factor out that part of
the initialisation.  Does not need to access keytable_ but can just
return the finished table.

https://codereview.appspot.com/577840053/