Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 15:16:36 +0200

Am Freitag, den 15.05.2020, 13:44 +0100 schrieb James:
> Hello,
>
> Here is the current patch countdown list. The next countdown will be on
> May 17th.
>
> A list of all merge requests can be found here:
> https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests?sort=label_priority
>

>       Push:

To push patches and automatically close the merge request, GitLab needs
to know about the rebased commits. This is easiest if you click
"Rebase" in the UI, but doing so locally and force-pushing the branch
is also fine. Afterwards you can either click "Merge" (I verified that
all target staging instead of master) or just push the identical set of
commits to staging.

The second part only works if you are a member of the group on GitLab.
If not, you need somebody from the team to merge for you. Still the
commits need to be rebased (and possibly squashed). This is easiest if
you give us permission to do so, which is documented here:
https://docs.gitlab.com/ee/user/project/merge_requests/allow_collaboration.html
Otherwise we'll probably need to go through multiple iterations of you
rebasing and us trying to merge until it is fast-forward...

Regards
Jonas