Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: PATCHES - Countdown for May 15th
Date: Fri, 15 May 2020 16:25:52 +0200

Am Freitag, den 15.05.2020, 15:20 +0100 schrieb 'James':
> Hello,
>
> On 15/05/2020 15:05, address@hidden wrote:
> > I did a rebase, that triggered it
>
> OK Jonas, that might be the first 'wrinkle' for me in the process. To
> save me blindly re-testing a 'new patch' labelled issue.
>
> I cannot really tell easily a real new patch and one that is rebased
> ready for pushing.
>
> What do you think?

That the script is doing exactly what I told it to do: The diff between
the previous and the rebased commit is not empty. Therefore it adds the
Patch::new label, removing Patch::push.
While correct in theory (new diff = new testing), I think we should
ignore updates once in Patch::push. If the author changes something
which was not in previous versions of the patch, we need to reset to
Patch::new manually. Does this sound acceptable?

Jonas