Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: [RFC] Use GitLab Milestones
Date: Tue, 23 Jun 2020 15:54:53 +0200

On 6/22/20, Jonas Hahnfeld <hahnjo@hahnjo.de> wrote:
> In short, I'd like to propose that we replace the labels Fixed_x_y_z
> with milestones x.y.z and use these to track which issues were fixed
> for a particular release. This has the advantage of a) less labels
> which makes the drop-downs more usable and b) the possibility to close
> milestones. After all, we're not going to fix bugs in already released
> versions and they don't need to be available for new issues.

Sounds good.  I only have a few questions:

- How do you plan to indicate backports? (Granted, this is a very
limited subset.)

- What would become the process of marking issues as Fixed/Verified?
At what stage do we “close” them? (I’d like to make sure that anything
that has been fixed on master will be double-checked once the next GUB
release is out; marking the milestone as “closed” wouldn’t offer much
granularity in that regard, would it?)

- By the way if I understand you correctly, the milestone would be
“closed” _prior_ to the release? Then how do we validate bugfixes?

> we should disable notifications of the lilypond project for that time frame.

OK.

Cheers,
-- V.