Re: [RFC] Moving to Guile 2.2 and away from GUB

From: Jean Abou Samra
Subject: Re: [RFC] Moving to Guile 2.2 and away from GUB
Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2021 14:06:08 +0100

Le 27/11/2021 à 12:43, Jan Nieuwenhuizen a écrit :
But yeah, some 5 years ago

     https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-devel/2016-03/msg00204.html

I already proposed using GNU Guix, making use of its excellent cross
build system and creation of universal binaries.

Greetings,
Janneke

At this point, it's a bit too late to discuss other solutions
in my opinion. Jonas obviously invested a ton of work in
this, on the premise (at least when submitting the first
RFC merge request adding the set of scripts to our source)
that it would eventually become what we officially use.
Now I think the question is when this becomes the standard,
not if.

Thanks,
Jean