Re: Blockers for Guile 2.2

From: Jonas Hahnfeld
Subject: Re: Blockers for Guile 2.2
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2022 22:40:17 +0100

Am Sonntag, dem 20.03.2022 um 15:48 +0100 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
Discussions on LilyPond development:
> Am Donnerstag, dem 17.03.2022 um 22:38 +0100 schrieb Jonas Hahnfeld via
> Discussions on LilyPond development:

> > > One more thing: I suppose you want an unstable release to happen rather
> > > sooner than later now there we're on Guile 2, is there a moment planned?
> > > This is a mere curiosity question.
> >
> > maybe this weekend
>
> I'm going to try this now, but no guarantees that I'll manage. If I
> don't, no problem since I don't need to push until I'm sure that
> everything worked out.

In the end, I think everything worked fine so far from the release side
and in principle, I have all binaries ready. However, after giving them
a quick round of testing, I discovered two issues that I think would be
good to fix: https://gitlab.com/lilypond/lilypond/-/merge_requests/1253
Especially the version printout might cause problems if people think
that this is the new format and start updating some regular expression.

So while I could upload the release tomorrow, I tend towards not doing
it unless somebody really wants me to. I will try again next weekend.

Jonas