Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready

From: Luca Fascione
Subject: Re: Missing items to make Cairo ready
Date: Sat, 7 Jan 2023 23:31:38 +0100

On Sat, Jan 7, 2023 at 11:23 PM Jean Abou Samra <jean@abou-samra.fr> wrote:

> All I said in the quote is that it does not take a lot of code in
> LilyPond to support embedding EPS files into PS/EPS output in the
> Cairo backend.

Forgive me Jean, I thought you were talking about the Cairo/PDF backend.
In that scenario I had understood from the previous messages that the idea
is to render
the EPS/postscript content into rasterized graphics, and I thought this is
what you were referring to here as well.
My mistake.

I don't know why you think there is any raster rendering

I thought it was your proposal to implement \epsfile by using gs to render
EPS into a PNG,
and embed that into the resulting PDF.
I seem to have misunderstood something you said.

Luca Fascione