Re: Lyrics alignment again

From: Gregory (Grisha) Trubetskoy
Subject: Re: Lyrics alignment again
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2001 22:45:17 -0500 (EST)

On Mon, 26 Nov 2001, Mark Hindley wrote:

> What I wrote about 1.4.9 certainly will give you an easier way to
> control the lyric placement. But what I think you need is to use
> \context ChoirStaff rather than StaffGroup and then there will be no
> barlines in between the staves.

Funny you should say this - I went from ChoirStaff to StaffGroup because I
looked at some published choral music and it had barlines go across
staves...

I'm doing this for a small choir and I'm trying to make the music look as
similar to what they've got already as possible. (Although I can't imagine
anyone care that much about bar lines).

Another thing I ran in to was that they use a checkmark as a way to note
places where one takes a breath. I eventually figured out a hack with
\bowup that works OK.

Anyway, thanks you, I think I now have at least a couple of ways to deal
with my problem, including the other tip about Bar_engraver.

Grisha