Re: Struggling to build Lilypond

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Struggling to build Lilypond
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 09:21:11 +0100

> I'm struggling to build lilypond 1.5.25 on Solaris 2.8.
>
> Still stuck in configure.
>
>      checking for FlexLexer.h... no
>      configure: warning: can't find flex header. Please install Flex headers
> correctly
>
> Flex is installed correctly. FlexLexer.h is in /usr/local/include.

I assume you have also verified the Flex version (2.5.4a or newer).
Probably, your compiler isn't setup to search in /usr/local/ by
default. Try setting CPPFLAGS to /usr/local/include/.
Don't forget to remove config.cache before you rerun configure.

> My configure session ends up bombing as follows:
>
>      checking for inimfont... no
>      checking for inimp... no
>      checking for inimpost... no
>      checking for working metafont mode... ./configure: -echo: not found
>      ./configure: -echo: not found
>      ./configure: -echo: not found
>      ./configure: -echo: not found
>      ./configure: -echo: not found
>      ./configure: -echo: not found
>      laserjet
>      checking for mfplain.mp... ./configure: kpsewhich: not found
>
>      checking for inimetapost flags... ./configure: test: unknown operator no
>
> Any tips?

Check that you have teTeX installed and that the corresponding
binaries are in the PATH. The command 'kpsewhich' should always
be present if you have teTeX installed, so that's why I suspect
you may not have it. Even if you have teTeX installed, I've heard
about teTeX installations that don't include Metafont and the
Kpathsea library, so if you're unlucky you may have to add those.

   /Mats