Re: Struggling to build Lilypond

From: Jack J. Woehr
Subject: Re: Struggling to build Lilypond
Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2001 09:29:29 -0700

Mats Bengtsson wrote:
> I'm struggling to build lilypond 1.5.25 on Solaris 2.8.

Check that you have teTeX installed and that the corresponding
binaries are in the PATH.
Hmm, this is getting more complicated.

I built teTeX with gcc 2.95.3 but I see in the output from configure that it's not
a happy camper. Also, other weirdness in the config run:

creating cache ./config.cache
checking Package... LILYPOND
checking builddir... .
checking for stepmake... ./stepmake  (${prefix}/share/stepmake not found)
checking host system type... sparc-sun-solaris2.8
checking for gmake... gmake
checking for find... find
checking for tar... tar
checking for bash... /usr/local/bin/bash
checking for python... /usr/local/bin/python
checking for gcc... gcc
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) works... yes
checking whether the C compiler (gcc  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking for IEEE-conformance compiler flags... none
checking for assert.h... yes
checking for sys/stat.h... yes
checking whether stat file-mode macros are broken... no
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking for c++... c++
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) works... yes
checking whether the C++ compiler (c++  ) is a cross-compiler... no
checking whether we are using GNU C++... yes
checking whether c++ accepts -g... yes
checking for FlexLexer.h... yes
checking g++ version... 2.95.3
checking whether explicit instantiation is needed... no
checking for bison... bison -y
checking for bison... bison
checking for flex... flex
checking for ar... ar
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking language... English
checking for gettext in -lintl... yes
checking for gettext... yes
checking for msgfmt... msgfmt
checking whether msgfmt accepts -o... yes
checking for mf... mf
checking for mp... mp
checking for inimf... inimf
checking for inimp... no
checking for inimpost... inimpost
checking for working metafont mode... Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
Segmentation Fault - core dumped
laserjet
checking for mfplain.mp... /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/metapost/base/mfplain.mp
checking for inimetapost flags... -interaction=nonstopmode
checking for kpsewhich... kpsewhich
checking for tfm path... /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/public/cm /usr/local/teTeX/share/texmf/fonts/tfm/ams/symbols
checking for guile-config... guile-config
./configure: !: not found
checking Guile version...  1.4
checking for Guile... ./configure: !: not found
yes
checking for guile... /usr/local/bin/guile
checking for kpathsea/kpathsea.h... no
checking for kpse_find_file in -lkpathsea... no
checking for kpse_find_file... no
configure: error: Cannot find kpathsea functions.  You should install kpathsea; see INSTALL.txt.  Rerun ./configure --without-kpathsea only if kpathsea is not
 available for your platform.

--
Jack J. Woehr      # Politicians are the same all over:
Senior Consultant  #  they promise to build a bridge