[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: Making a lilypond-book

From: Will Oram
Subject: Re: Making a lilypond-book
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 2004 01:18:45 -0500

Trying out Jan's solution. First I deleted all references to the subdirectory in \include statements. Then I tried this:

lilypond-book --process='lilypond-bin -I include-mvmt1' --output=out/ tchai_op35_book.tex

Is this even valid input? I'm doing my best to interpret --help + Jan's answer. So far I just get the same error messages as I would leaving out the subdirectory name in include statements.



On Jun 23, 2004, at 6:48 AM, Jan Nieuwenhuizen wrote:

Ruud van Silfhout writes:

Long time ago I tried something similar. What I remember from this
is that I couldn't get it to work. It work only in case the files included
are in the same directory

Probably the documentation on lilypond-book is lacking (can somebody
please check and or fix?), but the lilypond documentation itself has
always been built using include directives to lilypond-book.

If you have v2.2 or later, use:

lilypond-book --process='lilypond-bin -I include-dir1 -I include-dir2'

if you have an earlier version, do:

   lilypond-book -I include-dir1 -I include-dir2

See lilypond-book --help for more information.

Of course, the first file name found in the path that matches is used,
so you still need unique .ly file names for snippets included in one

You'll also want to check-out the --output option, and possibly even
use LilyPond's pre-cooked makefile, installed as something like:


Hope this helps.

Jan Nieuwenhuizen <address@hidden> | GNU LilyPond - The music typesetter       |

Will Oram // Genius @ Large // AIM spamguy21
spamguy (at) foxchange (dot) com // wro1 (at) cwru (dot) edu

reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]