two versions of lilypond on same machine

From: Sean Reed
Subject: two versions of lilypond on same machine
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 2004 13:00:40 +0200

hi.

might anyone have a suggestion as to how to install two separate versions of lilypond (the current stable and the current unstable) on the same machine, and then be able to decide which version to run?

i would like to keep a copy of the newest stable and the newest unstable versions on my computer, so that i can follow and try out and contribute to the development of the unstable updates, while still being sure that if a change in an unstable update somehow negatively alters the output of my page that i can go compile my page using the current stable, without having to uninstall the current unstable and reinstall the current stable versions.

i'm on a mac with OS 10.3.5, and have been using fink to install lilypond, but can switch to a manual install from sources if need be.

thanks for any hints,
sean

Sean Reed
Web: www.seanreed.de