Re: How to set lyrics to temporarily divided parts

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: How to set lyrics to temporarily divided parts
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2005 16:55:27 +0100

Kilian A. Foth wrote:
Mats Bengtsson writes:
 [...]
 > However, a simpler solution is to avoid to keep the original
 > Voice context for the upper music line when the music splits
 > into two voices. This is easiest done by not using the
 > <<{...} \\ {...}>> feature (untested):
 > \score{
 > <<
 > \context Voice = "melody" {
 >       \relative c' { c
 >         << {\voiceOne c8 e} \context Voice = splitpart {\voiceTwo c4} >>
 >        \oneVoice c4 c | c
 >        }
 >     }
 > \new Lyrics \lyricsto "melody" { we shall not o- ver- come }
 > \new Lyrics \lyricsto "splitpart" { shall }
 >  >>
 > }

Oh I *see*! I wasn't aware that you can simply switch contexts while
remaining on the current staff. Thank you very much, that was exactly
what I needed.

Sorry to be picky, but that's what you did in your previous attempt.
In the solution I proposed above, the point is that you don't switch
context for the upper line and only create an extra one for the lower
line. (Just trying to help you grasp the concepts).

  /Mats