Re: Install Problems on Mac

From: Christ van Willegen
Subject: Re: Install Problems on Mac
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 08:13:48 +0100

Hi Chuck, list,

> Exactly the same problem happens.  I've never installed the complete
> developer tools on the Mac.  Could this be the problem??

As far as I can tell, the XCode Tools together with the gcc update ought to
be enough...

What's weird is that a dependence of Lilypond appears to be xfree86! Lilypond
2.4 is a command line program, so it doesn't use X...

Perhaps another tool requires X to work. Try installing X11 from
Apple's website,
and see if that solves the probem.

Go to http://www.apple.com/support/downloads/x11formacosx.html to download
X11. It's a hefty download, at 43 megs, but since you've also
installed the XCode
tools, which is a 400MB+ download, I guess that's no problem...

HTH!

Christ van Willegen