Re: Wrong text fonts; no dvi

From: Mats Bengtsson
Subject: Re: Wrong text fonts; no dvi
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:01:41 +0200

Jos Smeets wrote:
Hi all,

I experience some problems with the text fonts and dvi output. These
problems first appeared when after I uninstalled the Slackware package
for lily 2.4.2 and then compiled and installed 2.5.26. I have now
installed lily 2.6.0 (on Slackware 10.0) and they problems are still
there. I have searched the mailing lists and documentation for a
solution, but couldn't find it.

When I compile morgenlied.ly (from examples page on the site) I do not
get the CM font as in the example on the lilypond site. Look at
http://www.jossmeets.nl/morgenlied.png to see what I get. When I latex any latex file I do get proper CM fonts. So I suspect it is
something in the font configuration of my lily installation.

LaTeX isn't used by LilyPond anymore, it generates Postscript
directly. Also, the default text font isn't CM anymore, the
serif font now defaults to New Century Schoolbook.
I'm not an expert on pango (which is used to find the fonts),
so I have no idea how to debug why you get a sans serif font
for your lyrics text (the title is OK, right?).

> Any ideas
anyone? Here is the output of "lilypond --verbose morgenlied.ly":

GNU LilyPond 2.6.0

I couldn't see anything strange there.

Another problem is that I cannot get any dvi output any longer. If I
understood well, this should work wit the command "lilypond -b tex -f
dvi morgenlied". Correct?

See http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lilypond-user/2005-06/msg00421.html
and the followup from Han-Wen.

  /Mats