multiple pieces together

From: Graham Percival
Subject: multiple pieces together
Date: Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:43:52 -0700

On 2-Aug-05, at 2:37 AM, Mats Bengtsson wrote:
Graham Percival wrote:
Basically, the current situation is that I have A.ly and B.ly. They both produce the output I want; I'm happy with them, etc. Can I put A.ly and B.ly together
so that I get one pdf with pagenumbers?
\include "A.ly"
\include "B.ly"
produce two separate .pdfs;

Are you sure? Do you use \book within A.ly and/or B.ly?

(discussion moved to -user)

Aha, that was the problem!  -- but all is still not perfect.

Using \include should be completely equivalent to cutting and
pasting the code of the two files into a new common file.

Ok, I can get a.ly and b.ly in the same file, but now there's problems with
the headers -- the headers in b.ly overwrite the ones in a.ly, and the
breakbefore doesn't work.  \paper{ printallheaders} doesn't seem to
work here; it was created with \book{} in mind.

Here's my minimal example:  a and b combined in c.  Would it be easier
to change the behavior of headers in a non-\book{} environment, or easier
to make a different kind of \include{} command (such that it would work
inside a \book environment) ?