Re: triangle chord notation

From: Rick Hansen (aka RickH)
Subject: Re: triangle chord notation
Date: Sat, 5 Aug 2006 10:37:36 -0700 (PDT)

I would hope that any revisions would not "break" our existing code and
exception lists.  A method to get any names one wants using the exception
list already exists.  A whole new standard should probably be implemented
using a global enumerator with a value for each "chord naming method"
available, the default would be Ignatzhak(sp) as it is today, unless you set
the global enumerator property on the chord staff to a different "standard".

People have put a lot of work into names and exceptions, etc.  Pop/Jazz
music fake books have established the most "broad" standard in this area to
date, albeit not academically perfect, players know what to hear when they
see a certain name.  Classical notation less so.