Re: Lyrics in poly

From: Eduardo Vieira
Subject: Re: Lyrics in poly
Date: Mon, 18 Dec 2006 18:10:22 -0200

Citando Ezequiel Sierra <address@hidden>:

> that wont assign lyrics to the f4 f4
>   i tried
>
> << \context Voice = "melodia" { \voiceOne bes'4. bes8 <bes g>4 <bes g> }
> \context Voice = "melodia" { \voiceTwo f4 f4 } >> \oneVoice
>
> but it dosent work either i put all stems down even the first voice
>
> On Dec 18, 2006, at 12:56 AM, Eduardo Vieira wrote:
>
> > << \context Voice = "melodia" { \voiceOne bes'4. bes8 <bes g>4 <bes
> > g> }
> > \context Voice = "alto" { \voiceTwo f4 f4 } >> \oneVoice

Hello!
You did *not* try my suggestion of creating the context "alto" for VoiceTwo.
I suggest that you *re-read carefully* the chapters of lyrics and "Explicitly
instantiating voices"

Attached is a modified version of your score. The first line of lyrics is
matching fine. The others must be some typo from your part.
Pay close attention on how I modified your score in the soprano/alto parts. I
recommend you to use a software called K-diff to compare side by side your file
and my changes.

As for the alto and bass. I have the following remarks:

<< { \stemDown bes2 <ees g>4 <ees bes'> } \\ { \stemUp \slurUp f (aes) } >>

You are not following the logic of polyphony in lilypond:
-- What comes before \\ is voiceOne, which tells the stems, slurs and ties to be
UP
-- what comes after the first \\ is voiceTwo, which tells the stems to go down
-- avoid chords inside this construct (this is my suggestion, not lilypond's)

Therefore you should replace those things with:

<< { f4 (aes) } \\ { bes2  }  >> <ees g>4 <ees bes'>

Y así por delante...

Have a good day!
Com o Click21 você tem sempre vantagens! Além do email com 1 Gb, Acelerador,
Blog,
Flog, Games e atendimento 24 horas, voce também pode falar minutos DDD com a
promoção Click 21 Minutos. Quanto mais você navega mais fala DDD.