Re: Absolute Beginners

From: Manuel
Subject: Re: Absolute Beginners
Date: Mon, 25 Dec 2006 17:31:26 +0100

All right, so I just changed all brackets back to braces, since they are all curly.

Manuel

Am 25/12/2006 um 17:23 schrieb Pierre Abbat:

On Monday 25 December 2006 10:36, Geoff Horton wrote:
It would be better to call them "brackets" or "braces" consistently,
rather than switching.

The curly ones {} are braces. The square ones [] are brackets. Greater-than and less-than signs, when used to enclose something <c e g>, are called brokets. It might be good to explain somewhere the difference between single
brokets and double brokets, which has confused me.

phma