Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there... round III

From: Eyolf Østrem
Subject: Re: Lilypond-book -- almost there... round III
Date: Fri, 5 Oct 2007 01:34:49 +0200

On 04.10.2007 (16:19), Graham Percival wrote:
> Eyolf Østrem wrote:
> >I made a last attempt, with minimal files included, which look like
> >this:

> I'm now going to commit the sin of jumping into a long discussion without
> having read the intermediate steps (with GDP going on, I've been pretty
> much ignoring -user), so please ignore if this is totally off-base...

> >playground/book.tex:
> >    \documentclass{article}
> >    \begin{document}
> >    \include{out/lpb-file}
> >    \end{document}
> >playground/lpb-file.lytex:
> >    \lilypondfile{music.ly}

> ... why?  Just not stick
> \lilypnodfile{out/music.ly

> in your main book.tex?  That's what I do.  Call it book.lytex, run it
> through lilypond-book, then run the generated .tex through texinfo.  Or
> pdflatex.

I'll look into that, but I think -- to the extent that I'm able to, at
these hours -- that the answer is that in real life, the included file
does not just contain the ly-file, but is a full chapter of its own,
so it needs to be kept in a separate file altogether. I think...
This example was just to make it as minimal as possible. So while your
solution is certainly a workaround which works to some extent, it also
shows that the output=out thing has its limits.
But thanks for your input (or should that be include...? :-)

> >Now, is this how it's supposed to be, or is there a way to work around
> >this? As I said, I'm happy to keep all the output files in the main
> >folder -- now it's become almost a matter of principle: I want to find
> >out if I've overlooked something...

> This is related to a current bug (or enhancement request) about \includes
> in pure lilypond files.  All the filenames are relative to the first file
> called, not the first file.  Err, the bug summary has a better summary
> than this.

I understand. I hope it will be fixed.

Eyolf

--
The one-eyed view of our universe says you must not look far afield for
problems. Such problems may never arrive. Instead, tend to the wolf within

  -- The Azhar Book; Shamra I:4