Re: Horizontal (I mean vertical) Lyric spacing in 2.11

From: Monk Panteleimon
Subject: Re: Horizontal (I mean vertical) Lyric spacing in 2.11
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2007 13:09:22 -0400

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 06:44:46AM +1000, Joe Neeman wrote:

> OK, I will set VerticalAlignment #'max-stretch = 0 by default. This has the
> disadvantage that it will sometimes put lots of whitespace between systems,
> but that was the default in 2.10 anyway.

Thank you. I take it that's the same as setting
keep-fixed-while-stretching. The white space between systems is better
than inside them, in this case, even if we have to end up with single systems
on a page. I don't think there's a better option without having a special
way to space lyrics that are being read by more than one staff.

In fact, I think that having ChoirStaff
fixed while others are not is demonstrated in
Nicolas Sceaux's example here:
http://nicolas.sceaux.free.fr/tmp/choirstaff001.png

All the choir staves are evenly spaced while the bass staff (not a vocal
part) is lower. It looks the rest of the system is spaced differently
above.
It also doesn't have a big funky white space like in
untweaked LP 2.11 with stretched systems:

http://www.tcgalaska.com/kliros/images/funkyWhite.png

[8^)>

--
Monk Panteleimon