Re: Uninstalling Liliypond

From: Martin Nopola
Subject: Re: Uninstalling Liliypond
Date: Fri, 4 Jan 2008 14:50:50 -0500

On Thursday 03 January 2008 17:05, Thomas Spuhler wrote:
> If you have an rpm based system and installed it from the
> distribution then use your tool to uninstall it. It will
> remove everything.
The Lilypond 2.6.3  that came with linux Suse 10.0 is too
old so I downloaded the shell version 2.10.15.

> If you upgrade from your distribution, you don't need to
> uninstall the old version.
To upgrade with Yast I think you need an rpm distro.
Where would you get that?

Anyway, thanks for the help. I uninstalled and installed
2.11.37 and it works in jedit and LPT.
During the install I saw the message again about uninstall.
Later I found the file in /home/bin/.
Earlier I couldn't find any reference to it in the web site,
archives or docs.
I think it should be in the doc Appendix.

Marty