Re: Subject: GDP status, May 2008

From: Valentin Villenave
Subject: Re: Subject: GDP status, May 2008
Date: Mon, 12 May 2008 00:12:04 +0200

2008/5/11 Graham Percival <address@hidden>:
>  No, no, NO!  Valentin, you /idiot/!

Mmmh. You never change, do you?

>  I do *not* want new helpers to waste time screwing around with
>  git.  It's a huge hurdle for newcomers.  One of the whole points
>  of GDP is that I take care of such technical problems.

Hence the last sentence of my former mail:

2008/5/11 Valentin Villenave <address@hidden>:
>  This is in case you'd be interested in actually seeing what the "real"
>  stuff looks like. But don't be afraid if this looks too complex;
>  Graham and the rest of us will help you to work at a much simpler
>  level.

Stefan said he wanted to see what the texinfo source code looked like,
I provided him with a way to have a look, exactly the way I wished
someone would have introduced me to it a year ago (when I used to work
on the docs before the GDP). This was not meant, of course, to replace
the official GDP instructions, which I expected you to give just as
you did. *
OK, on second thought, maybe this was not such a good idea.

Stefan: Graham is absolutely right in pointing you to the GDP
instructions. This will be your primary (and only) material; what I
said about the official "git" sources is just meant for your personal
curiosity, and will not be relevant for your work as a documentation
helper. Sorry if this was somehow confusing.

Cheers,
Valentin