Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)

From: John Mandereau
Subject: Re: WANTED: Design for documentation (Photoshop power users!)
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2008 00:53:35 +0200

On 2008/09/17, Reinhold Jainhofer wrote:
> On Sunday 14 September 2008 21:50:36 Patrick McCarty wrote:
> > I agree that the language selection should be included in the footer,
> > but I'm not sure how the buildscript will have to be modified.

I'm not sure how to move the lanugage menu into the footer: if we do
this, it should be as visible as before, e.g. with normal text size
(i.e. bigger than the rest of the footer), or with different colors.
As soon as we agree on a formatting sample, I'll modify the buildscript
accordingly.

> Currently, the footer looks bad with Patrick's design on the server,
> because I have not changed the footer to the HTML structure suggested by
> Patrick.
> Is everyone okay to change the footer lines to the following?

> This page is for LilyPond-2.11.59 (development-branch).
> Your suggestions for the documentation are welcome, please report errors
> to our bug list.

I approve this.  I guess you may use usual Graham's ultimatum formula
"Unless anybody complains" in such cases.

IMHO I prefer Patrick's design over Andrew, it's more colorful but still
serious enough (as Valentin already wrote), and I second Patrick Horgan
comment on links color: maybe we could make links a bit more blue?
We might manage to merge both style sheets into one, but let's hurry up
if we want this to make it into 2.12.0 ;-)

Cheers,
John