Re: jpedal slowness

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: jpedal slowness
Date: Mon, 1 Dec 2008 09:08:08 +0100

On Mon, Dec 01, 2008 at 01:10:24AM +0100, Bertalan Fodor (LilyPondTool) wrote:

>> I did take a short look at kdelily (or was it lilykde ?) and
>> jedit/lilypondtool. I was impressed at first sight, but in the end I
>> liked my own fast and lightweight approach better.
>>
> Lightweight? In what sense?
With only vim and lilypond I have a working setup that installs and runs
easily on my low-end EeePC laptop.

> With jedit/lilypondtool you surely need to install Java, Jedit &
> Lilypondtool from. But after that you only need one app and you have
> everything without tedious configuration of point-and-click and whatnot.

I have installed lilypond/jedit/lilypondtool on a Windows XP laptop and
it works fine indeed. But I hardly use this laptop.

On my Linux laptop I prefer Vim because I use it for everything.
Personal taste.

--

Martin