Re: LilyPond midi extension

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Re: LilyPond midi extension
Date: Wed, 8 Apr 2009 21:36:58 +0200

On Wed, Apr 08, 2009 at 02:39:14PM +0200, Simon Bailey wrote:

> On 8 Apr 2009, at 12:32, Thomas Scharkowski wrote:
>> some time ago the default midi extension for windows was changed to
>> "mid".
>> How can change it back to "midi"?

> #(ly:set-option 'midi-extension "midi")

I'm sure the reason was discussed, but I was not a Lilypond user and
mailinglist reader in that time yet. But - being a Linux user - I am
wondering why this only was changed for Windows users and not for
everyone ? I prefer "mid", probably because I started using MIDI in the
old days when I had an Atari ST computer that used 8+3 DOS style
filenames :-)

--

Martin Tarenskeen