[Top][All Lists]

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: I don't remember how to do this ...

From: Cameron Horsburgh
Subject: Re: I don't remember how to do this ...
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 09:13:09 +1000
User-agent: Mutt/1.5.18 (2008-05-17)

On Fri, Apr 10, 2009 at 08:28:47AM -0700, Chip wrote:
> I have two trombone parts written in concert key - F Maj - and just  
> realized that the notes are one step too high. I don't recall how to  
> transpose a part without changing the key signature. If I recall  
> correctly it involved two /transposes, is that right? Can someone help  
> me? Here's how I lay out my code -

I'm probably missing something obvious, but can't you just change the
key to G major and use a single transpose? If you've written it a step
too high it would be in G, so just tranpose it from there.

The only problem I can see is if you've used notes from F major
instead of G (i.e. you've flattened your B's but not sharpened your
F's). If that's the case I don't think the tranpose function will


Cameron Horsburgh


reply via email to

[Prev in Thread] Current Thread [Next in Thread]