N.C. symbol?

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: N.C. symbol?
Date: Fri, 8 May 2009 14:28:56 -0500

I need to be able to put a symbol for "no chord" (such as N.C.) on several lead sheets and can't find a simple way to do it. Or, really, any way which I find even remotely comprehensible. It seems like it ought to be possible- and that the simplest way would be- to put something like:

  a2:m7 d2:7.9-
  g2:m7 c2:7
  nc1

into the chart using \chordmode and get a nice fat N.C. among the rest of the chords. Is there a way to define this in a .ly file to be \included into the chart? That sort of thing is beyond my knowledge and I didn't find anything in the LSR or the documentation thus far.

Thanks!