Re: Staff change in a chord

From: Robin Bannister
Subject: Re: Staff change in a chord
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 01:02:05 +0200

Mark Polesky wrote:
Does anyone have a suggestion?

Some time back I chose this missing bracket as a theme for a Scheme exercise. Nothing revolutionary, just to get some practice in Scheme. It has the limitations arising from misusing Arpeggio. I found it needed a lot of different tweaks to get it to fit each situation, so it ended up with the tweak options packed into a single string parameter. My Scheme stuff is ready for beta testing, but that would need an instruction manual explaining the tweaks. I had to interrupt this documentation work a few months back, and could probably resume fairly soon. It would be nice if something like this could have its own engraver and so avoid the Arpeggio-sharing limitations.

Using my thumbBracket code in the demo file, Oscar's first bar would read something like
\new Staff = "down" {
  \clef bass
  \set tieWaitForNote = ##t
  \times 2/3 { cis,8~ d~ \thBr "R4001" a~ } <cis, d a>4
  \times 2/3 { d,8~ fis~ \thBr "R" d'~ } <d, fis d'>4
  \bar "||"

Robin