Re: 3 problems with LilyPond 2.12.3.1

From: Tim McNamara
Subject: Re: 3 problems with LilyPond 2.12.3.1
Date: Tue, 16 Feb 2010 16:52:13 -0600

On Feb 16, 2010, at 8:55 AM, Phil Holmes wrote:

2. I'm trying to engrave a song which uses numerals as its sole lyrics.

Enclose them in quotes.

That works, thanks - albeit it's a bit of a pain, since the music I have uses individual number as words in the lyric, so the complete lyric set for one section is 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 2 3 4 5 6 1 2 3 - so each numeral needs placing in quotes! (Luckily I'm writing a prog that converts from Noteworthy to LilyPond so I've updated it to check for numerals with spaces before and after and escape them with quotes, but it's a bit hack-y).

Howe about using the "replace all" command in your text editor to replace 2 with "2" etc.? You might need to use regexps to avoid having things like a"2":m7 end up in your .ly file.