Re: Slashes in leadsheets

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Slashes in leadsheets
Date: Sun, 12 Feb 2012 01:42:42 +0100

Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:

> 2012/2/11 David Kastrup <address@hidden>:
>> Thomas Morley <address@hidden> writes:
>>
>>> Personally I'd prefer sth like the attached. But it might not work
>>> with the latest devel-version due to the changes with EventChord. (I
>>> can't test it. "2.15.24" is currently my highest version.)
>>
>> I have not checked this in practice, but theoretically, the only
>> affected function would appear to be keepOnlyFirstNote (or so), and
>> since this function makes a difference only when there is more than one
>> note, namely, when there _is_ an EventChord, I don't think that the
>> EventChord changes should cause any difference here.
>>
>> Of course, if you use chord repetitions (q) here, keepOnlyFirstNote will
>> only be able to do its job if you have already run \chordRepeats
>> manually (instead of waiting for its automatic run at the start of
>> typesetting).

On second thought, it will repeat a chord that has already been reduced
to a single note, and so again will do exactly what is needed.

> as soon as I made an upgrade I'll test it.

If it is important, I could do this myself, but actually I think that we
need every active and attentive user we can get to test the current
almost-before-stable-release versions on as much of their own code as
feasible.

--
David Kastrup