Re: Skip to Specific Bar

From: Kieren MacMillan
Subject: Re: Skip to Specific Bar
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 19:10:42 -0400

Hi Ed,

> can I ask what the \global tag is doing in your snippet? It seems
> to me like it's laying out a map of the time signature change in a piece. Is
> this the recommended way to go about this? Up till now I've just written all
> the time changes into the first staff as I put the notes in.

I don't know about "recommended", but I certainly prefer laying out the code
that way.

My 'global' variable tends to have all score-level items: time signature
changes (if score-level), key signature changes (if score-level), and marks
(e.g. MetronomeMark, RehearsalMark), and so on.

Hope this helps!
Kieren.