Re: Skip to Specific Bar

From: EdBeesley
Subject: Re: Skip to Specific Bar
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 06:34:38 -0700 (PDT)

Kieren I tried testing out your suggestions:

toptreb = {

topfoot = { \clef percussion \stemUp \autoBeamOn   \override NoteHead
#'style = #'triangle

            a16 [a ]r8. .....
            \time 5/16 \set Timing.beatStructure = #'(5) \tag #'test {}

\new Staff = "up" {
            \clef treble

            \pushToTag #'test \toptreb \topfoot
          }

All that gives me is the entire contents of \topfoot dumped onto the treble
steff,  no sign of the contents of \toptreb. Is this happening because I
have something other than spacers in \topfoot ?

James thanks for your clarification of the Lilypond philosophy, makes sense
and I wish I'd thought about it 400 bars ago! :(