RE: lilypond slowdown in CGI web program

From: Curt McDowell
Subject: RE: lilypond slowdown in CGI web program
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 01:12:01 -0700

I agree, benchmark just the lilypond invocation and you're likely to find it
still takes just a second. More likely, in some following step the server CGI
script writes the HTTP response data but never closes the TCP connection. If
the script exits, perhaps a child process has been forked that is keeping the
file descriptor open, or apache needs some clue when it's to be closed. If the
server never closes the connection, the browser will give up after a timeout
period, and only then display what it received.

Cheers,
Curt McDowell