Lilypond web apps (was: RE: lilypond slowdown in CGI web program)

From: Martin Tarenskeen
Subject: Lilypond web apps (was: RE: lilypond slowdown in CGI web program)
Date: Thu, 26 Sep 2013 10:56:36 +0200 (CEST)

Also, what are you building?  I take it that you have seen

  http://weblily.net
  http://lilybin.com
  http://lilypond.org/schikkers

I have tried weblily.net, lilybin.com, and omet.ca.
These are all nice web-based LilyPond applications.

But what I am missing is something like that, but more usable even on a smaller tablet or smartphone (BTW: Any Android developers out there interested in LilyPond ?). What I would like to see is a screen that let's me toggle between a full-screen-source-edit mode and a full-screen-display mode. My phone and my 7 inch tablet are not very comfortable with a split-screen design. Or: I would like an app that let's me use my already available text-editor and pdf-viewer, so that it only needs to provide an internet based LilyPond service.

I have some Apps for my Android phone and tablet that use ABC syntax (Tunepal, Zap's abc, aABC). Something similar using LilyPond would be awesome. I wouldn't mind some limitations: for serious work I would use my laptop or desktop system, not my phone or tablet, anyway.

--

MT