Re: On features planned for 2.20 and Documentations on Contemporary Musi

From: Phil Holmes
Subject: Re: On features planned for 2.20 and Documentations on Contemporary Music
Date: Tue, 7 Jan 2014 10:12:05 -0000

----- Original Message ----- From: Joshua Nichols
Sent: Tuesday, January 07, 2014 4:29 AM

So I check the documentation for the dev version, and I notice
that there are a few ideas for the next release. Any ideas not
mentioned via documentation?

Also, I was wondering if any "examples" of contemporary
notation were ever going to be put in the documentation. I
know there is a spot for that, and when I've checked back
several stable versions, and alas... nothing.

This brings me back to features: are there any glyph ideas for
handbells, or miscellaneous percussion? Perhaps fractional
time signatures, like "3/3, or 3/(dotted sixteenth)?"

I don't, in proposing these things, actually advocate their
use; but I know that it's "all the rage" in some circles (and
the more we can reach out to Finale users or other types of
users, the better)...

Thoughts?

Sincerely,

Josh

I don't know of any planning that is done for features or bug fixes in a release. We have a list of bugs that interested contributors can work on, and this includes enhancement requests. If you have a specific enhancement request, it can be added to the tracker by a developer or member of the bug squad. If you wanted, for instance, to add some infiormation to the contemporary notation section of the documentation, we would really welcome contributions in any form. It has been promised in the past, but nothing ever came of the promises.

--
Phil Holmes