Re: Lilypond for blind musicians

From: Mario Lang
Subject: Re: Lilypond for blind musicians
Date: Mon, 17 Feb 2014 15:25:47 +0100

"Claudio Garanzini" <address@hidden> writes:

> Are there any  blind musician or composer that’' use lilypond regularly?
> Is there a software like Frescobaldi but more accessible using NVDA as my
> default screen reader?
> I’ve tryed Frescobaldi but simply can’t use it because of it’s complete
> inaccessibility, at least for me.

I don't use any specific LilyPond editing tool, I think Emacs (or your
favourite text editor) suffice for LilyPond.  What I do use, is a
program to convert braille music code directly to LilyPond, which can
save a lot of time, if you are familiar with braille music code.  You
can find some information about BMC (the braille music compiler) here:
https://bmc.branchable.com/

--
CYa,
  ⡍⠁⠗⠊⠕