Re: Convert Lilypond syntax to Scheme list

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Convert Lilypond syntax to Scheme list
Date: Sun, 22 Jun 2014 08:16:35 +0200

Thorsten Jolitz <address@hidden> writes:

> I still wonder if there is a way to get my hands on this internal
> representation without modifying the music notation, i.e without
> writing
>
> ,----
> |     {
> |       \displayMusic { c'4\f }
> |     }
> `----
>
> in my .ly files?

The normal course of LilyPond is typesetting music.  You can supplant a
different init file if you want to have the Scheme engine do something
different with the parsed expressions than what you actually wrote in
the file.

There are a number of hooks getting called when parsing particular parts
of the input file.  Take a look at lily/parser.yy to figure them out.

The parsed expressions are not really the whole story.

> But nevertheless, this is great ... Lisp rules ;)

Scheme is not actually Lisp.

--
David Kastrup